Tim Bateman Integrated Creative Director
2014 / Present Creative Director PHENOMENON
2013 / 2014 Associate Creative Director PHENOMENON
2010 / 2013 Creative Director Albion West Coast
2007 / 2010 Senior Creative Albion London
2006 / 2007 Creative Ogilvy & Mather
2005 / 2006 Assistant Head of Design Ogilvy & Mather
2002 / 2005 Designer Ogilvy & Mather
2000 / 2003 BA (Hons) Degree in Photography University of Wolverhampton
Award-Winning Integrated Creative Director.
Since starting at Phenomenon in early 2013 I’ve led numerous campaigns for multiple brands across a variety of industries, including Wilson Sporting Equipment, Warner Brothers, SBE, NutriBullet and Men’s Wearhouse. The majority of projects we do at Phenomenon are highly confidential. Come sign an NDA and I’ll tell you all about them.
I moved to Los Angeles in 2010 to co-found and lead Albion London’s first US office. We brought with us the same approach that has been so successful in Europe: working with the most interesting entrepreneurs and intrepreneurs across a wide range of innovation-led industries. My role continued globally as Creative Director on Air New Zealand as well as across a number of other Albion clients.
Before moving, I spent 4 years at the Albion mothership in London. Working as Creative Lead on Air New Zealand and giffgaff, as well as at senior level across all of Albion’s clients including Skype, eBay and Jose Cuervo. In a department of single Creatives, I teamed up with others on a project basis, and oversaw the work of younger Creatives. During my time there I averaged a fairly flawless pitch-win ratio (including the agency’s first global account) and helped build up Albion’s creative reputation.
Previous to that I spent 5 years at Ogilvy & Mather in London. First working as an Art Director on global campaigns for Dove, Ford, Amex and other bohemoth clients. Then co-founding ROOM at O&M: an experimental Art Direction and Design facility in collaboration with Copywriters and Creative teams, as Assistant Head of Design. After that I teamed up exclusively with copywriter Robert Cervera to form English Tim & Spanish Bob.
Before diving into advertising I worked as a freelance Art Director and Designer for a number of fashion and music clients.
adidas / Air New Zealand / Amex / Blackberry / Blue Headphones / BP / Cafédirect / Cancer Research UK / Castrol / CB2 / Chiquita / Coca Cola / Comfort / Cow & Gate / Crate & Barrel / Disney / Dove / Easyjet / eBay / ESPN / Ford / giffgaff / Glenlivet / GSK / Gumtree / Lucozade / Harrods / The Huffingon Post / Huggies / IBM / Innocent / Jos A Bank / Jose Cuervo / Kotex / Lands’ End / Men’s Wearhouse / Motorola / Mr Cooper / NutriBullet / Vittel / Nestlé / First Great Western / Ocado / Oral B / P&G / Panadol / Pantene / Pilsner Urquell / RISE / SBE / Sheraton / Skype / Slimfast / SLS Hotels / Soluto / Sprite / Star Wars / Sunny / Transgressive Records / Tru Thoughts Recordings / Warner Brothers / Wilson Sporting Goods / WWF / X Games
* Entire rebrand and relaunch of Wilson Sporting Equipment. Evolving it from a highly respected product to a much loved brand.
* Positioned and marketed multiple Warner Brothers’ movies and franchises.
* Repositioned and reinvigorated Jos A Bank. A 100 year old American clothing brand.
* Launched SBE’s SLS Las Vegas Hotel and Casino, from website to national campaign. As well as created multiple brands within the casino itself.
* Co-founded Albion’s first global office in North America.
* Pan-Regional Creative Director of Air New Zealand, covering the UK, Germany, North America and Canada.
* Helped re-define Air New Zealand’s global brand.
* Created Jose Cuervo’s first broadcast commercial in the UK for 10 years.
* Transformed Air New Zealand from a stuffy national carrier into one of the coolest brands in the UK.
* Helped Air New Zealand win ATW’s Airline Of The Year award, twice.
* Helped create, define and launch giffgaff, the world’s first crowd-sourced mobile network.
* Co-founded and led a full-service, award-winning Design and Art Direction department within Ogilvy & Mather.